The Beginning of the End

Posted by Jason Moffat | Posted in | Posted on 2:39 PM

Today is the day, gang. The day we've all been waiting for. It's been a long eight and a half months, but the hiatus is finally over. There really is no other way to describe my excitement other than saying, I am giddy as a school girl. Shameful, I know. But shame is something I checked at the door a long time ago. I assume most fans would make similar statements. Some call us crazy, others might say we're annoying. But I say... eh you're probably right.


Lost: The Final Season airs tonight, and it really is The Beginning of the End. In a lot of ways it's sad. I don't want it to end, but I know it's for the best. It's like sending a kid off to college (well, I imagine. I don't have kids, but roll with me on this one). It's hard because they are leaving your house for good, but they are better off there. It had to happen sometime. So while it is coming to an End, it's a bitter sweet one.

I finished re-watching season 5 Sunday, and there were some things I had forgotten about, not much, but some things. For example, I had forgotten that Charles Widmore was Daniel Faraday's dad. Minuscule? Perhaps, but you never can tell. But the big question is, where is this season going to start? As we all know, season 5 ended with a bang, literally. As the survivors of 815 attempted to "reset time" by detonating a hydrogen bomb at the Swan station. In theory this would make their flight never crash on the Island 27 years in the future. The very last scene, we see an F'ed up Juliet at the bottom of the Swan hole. She struggles but ends up hitting the H-bomb with a rock and.... Boom, cut to LOST. The ongoing debate since May has been whether or not their plan worked. Did they actually reset time? Or did they cause The Incident they were trying to prevent? Despite all of the teaser trailers and promos for season 6, I believe that the detonation was indeed The Incident. There is just too much story line on the Island to get rid of in a flash. In all reality the episode was called The Incident. But that's just my theory and I'm prepared for it to be proven wrong. I could also see them doing some sort of different timeline story telling. Or a what-would've-happened flash. I don't know, tell me what you think in the comment section.

I can honestly say that I have no idea where they are going with the last season. Every season I have  been unsure what was going to happen, but most of the time I had a general idea what was coming up. This time, nothing. That is why I am particularly excited to see how it all ends. All right, that's about enough. I'm sure I'll be back commenting on how my mind has been blown. We'll see. Until next time, happy Lost watching.

Comments (2)

You called it brother. The flash to what is and what could have been is pretty exciting, I think they might end it like they never crashed which might piss me off. But who can say.

It is pretty exciting. I definitely think they are showing us the flash-sideways for a reason. I think it'll have a lot to do with the story.

Post a Comment